Naomi: Cooking for one and for friends



For years now, even before I wrote the recipes in what I think of as my "static blog," Fiftytworecipesfrommymother, at the request of my children, Sarah and Sam, Sarah had been urging me to keep a daily (more or less) record of my cookings--the meals I make for myself in my (surprisingly) solitary life as well as those I make for friends. For whatever reasons, I've never done it.


But, after months of wandering, I've finally begun. As I haven't quite mastered the art of cooking for one, and love throwing together grand meals at the last minute, I have been encouraging friends to call to check on what I might have on hand any evening for a quick meal. Instructions can be found in my entry for March 20th--What's in Naomi's Refrigerator.

This is primarily a record of the meals I prepare for myself and others, accompanied by "mug shots" of the food (when I remember to photograph before eating). Shot by my phone, with no styling, they may not capture their subjects at their best, but so be it.



Monday, September 17, 2012

September 17. Left-overs and Happy Hour Hamburger

Rosh Hashonah left-over lunch--Challah (i.e. brioche) with honey and apples.  The last bit of frittata, Sliced tomatoes from the Levine's garden.

After a four pm yoga class, met Linda for Happy Hour burger at M Street Kitchen  on her corner.  We had the burgers and a crispy spicy tuna roll.  The happy hour beer for the day was IPA (is this a type?  a brand?).  Although I am the cheapest drunk in the world I can usually manage a couple of beers--but I became instantly tipsy.  Our young waitress assured me this was not so strange as the alcohol content of my beer was extraordinarily high.  Nonetheless I was able to bike home successfully, all lights wildly flashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment