Naomi: Cooking for one and for friends



For years now, even before I wrote the recipes in what I think of as my "static blog," Fiftytworecipesfrommymother, at the request of my children, Sarah and Sam, Sarah had been urging me to keep a daily (more or less) record of my cookings--the meals I make for myself in my (surprisingly) solitary life as well as those I make for friends. For whatever reasons, I've never done it.


But, after months of wandering, I've finally begun. As I haven't quite mastered the art of cooking for one, and love throwing together grand meals at the last minute, I have been encouraging friends to call to check on what I might have on hand any evening for a quick meal. Instructions can be found in my entry for March 20th--What's in Naomi's Refrigerator.

This is primarily a record of the meals I prepare for myself and others, accompanied by "mug shots" of the food (when I remember to photograph before eating). Shot by my phone, with no styling, they may not capture their subjects at their best, but so be it.



Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21. Mar Vista Gardens. Laureen and Victor's anniversary

Another day of no cooking.  Late morning salad before biking to the Mar Vista Green Garden Showcase.  Joe and Natasha's new garden was on display, along with about ninety others!!  Too much for me to attempt, even in my new bike-riding mode.  It was excellent (and so simple) to bike there.  Before my Ciclavia, Disney Hall outing, it would never have occurred to me to just bike to Mar Vista, so this is a major shift of perspective.

I spent several hours biking about, searching for addresses, chatting, etc., before biking home and heading out--in car this time--to Laureen and Victor's first wedding anniversary party at the downtown end of Washington Street.  The party was also a benefit for Las Carateras, the band that had played at their wedding--so lots of food and music.  And a treat to see glowing Laureen.

No comments:

Post a Comment